Saturday, February 20, 2010

Gothic Arch and Mixed Media Challenges: Carnivale/Masquerade/Mardi Gras

Mixed Media Mondays and Gothic Arch both have Mardi-Gras for their theme this week. I recently made this ATC that I thought might fit the bill. Here it is for the Mixed Media challenge--




And here it is after I added an arch behind it that I colored with q-tips dipped in lime and turquoise pigment ink pads:



You can find Mixed Media Mondays at the following link--

http://mixedmediamonday.wordpress.com/

And the Gothic Arch blog is here--

http://gothicarches.blogspot.com/

Off to get some more creating done--I love days off with nothing to do but artsy stuff, don't you? =)

8 comments:

Dianne said...

I love your take on Mardi Gras and the color combination... also the shape of the arch.

Beth said...

Very lively composition. I love it!

Peggi Meyer Graminski said...

Beautiful job on both pieces. I love the embellishments and your color choices. Very fun and awesome vintage style =)

Diane said...

It's a great piece, Phoebe! Thanks for taking a challenge with Mixed Media Monday! Diane

Martina said...

This is absolutely stunning!
Gorgeous arch.

My Creative House said...

Phoebe thanks for sweet comment on my blog, your Mardi Gras piece is very beautiful, it looks great with the arch shape.

Kristin said...

This is so very cool! I love the colors and your central image - congrats on being featured on MMM - it is beautiful! Kristin xo

Yvonne said...

Wonderful!!